On 19 March, 8.00 pm Prime Minter Shree Narendra Modi urged its citizens to follow measures and help the country to fight coronavirus. In the 30 minutes national broadcast, Modi asked the citizens to stay indoors, avoid unnecessary panic and observe Janta Curfew.
Narendra Modi On Coronavirus Outbreak
Below are the important 11 things we think you should know
- Resolve & Restraint. Stay indoors and work from home.
- Focus on personal hygiene, frequent hand wash, sneezing on the elbow, early reporting.
- Senior citizens not to venture out especially aged 65 years & above
- Restrict traveling out in general.
- Observe Janta Curfew on 22nd March from 7:00 a.m – 9:00 p.m (only people related to essential services can venture out)
- Recreational gatherings should be minimized so that emergencies can be tackled. Non-essential travel should be curbed so that essential one gets prioritized.
- People in essential services risking their lives to serve others. So we should applaud them on March 22nd, at 5:00 p.m, stand near the doors/windows, by ringing bells, blowing whistles, clapping for 5 minutes continuously. This way, we shall express our gratitude.
- Avoid going to hospitals for routine check-ups. Any elective surgery may be postponed by a month after the necessary consultation. This will ease pressure on health care providers at this trying time.
- Employers requested to be sensitive towards employees and remit full salaries as the family is dependent and hence be kind-hearted and let their employees work from home.
- Essentials like milk, medicines, veggies, fruits will not be halted. Not to engage in panic buying do not hoard the stuff and request to seller don’t sell them on higher prices. If u can’t be compassionate to others don’t be difficult for them.
- Discharge duties as a responsible citizen. Let’s help together to fight by not moving
As death global death exceeds 1000, it’s high time we as a citizen should take appropriate measures to help the nation by social distancing and not create unnecessary panic. Stay Safe!